photo header-with-shadow-and-back.gif
 photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_01.png photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_02.png photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_03.png photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_04.png photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_05.png photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_06.png

If grace is an ocean, we are all sinking

The weekend before last, some of my dearest friends threw a shower for me & for little Abby. It was a wonderful celebration of her, and she received some beautiful gifts.

The next evening in church we sang the song "Oh How He Loves Us". I was thinking about how we call those kinds of parties "showers"...I'm guessing because we "shower" the honoree with gifts, well wishes, love, etc...

But in the song, it talks about grace being like an ocean, and we are not only sprinkled or showered with it---we are sinking into it.

And I can't think of a better way to express how I felt.

My friends who blessed us with your presence and gifts: your love and support for us is an ocean of His grace, and we are sinking into it's abundance. Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Abby is so blessed to be so loved on already.

Barbara, Christy, Dawnie, Erica, Melissa: I have no words of my own to express how much I love you. "I am knit to you, and I love you as my own soul." *

Mom: having you there was the best gift I received. I love you.

Here are some pictures from this special day.

my hosts:
Barbara, Erica, Dawn (my sister-in-law), me, Christy, & Melissa



gifts overflowing


Larry & Barbara, Danielle, Liv, Brianna, & Hannah


we set up videos of Abby for everyone to see


the yummy goodies


a princess on top of the cupcakes


We finally got to meet Jessica!
What a blessing to have you there!



Hannah & Nichol...soul sisters



the devotional


and Connie was there! So glad she could come! ; )
Love you, Connie!!


me & Abby's grandma ; )
Photobucket


*1 Samuel 18:1

3 comments:

To God be the Glory! said...

..I am knitted to each of you very precious ones as well that when one hurts, all hurt....one rejoices, we all rejoice.

Thank You Lord Jesus...

Connie said...

Beautiful! So happy to be drowning alongside of you ;-)

Erica said...

Amazing. Love you too my soul sister. :) Drowning in His abundant grace and mercy.