"How precious are my children who remember to thank me at all times. They can walk through the darkest days with Joy in their hearts because they know the Light of My presence is still shining on them. Rejoice in this day that I have made, for I am your steadfast Companion."
~from Jesus Calling, Nov. 26th
What a wonderful weekend I have had. It has been filled with fun fellowship, relaxing family time, and thoughtful reflection. During our Thanksgiving dinner with friends and family, we each went around to share what we were thankful for this last year. Many tears...tender words... I have been reflecting since then on what I am thankful for, since 5 minutes isn't near enough time to share it all.
- First and foremost, I am thankful for Jesus, His love for me, His pursuit of me, and His transformation process in me. I shared a few posts ago how God had opened my eyes to how to truly give thanks in everything, including pain and trials--because He loves me enough to do the work of making me more like Jesus. I feel His love for me in a way I never have before, because He is working out my salvation in me.
- I am thankful for my husband. He is a man after God's own heart, a man who is willing to spend himself on behalf of the King and us, his family. He loves us---we can feel it and see it in all he does for us. I'd follow him anywhere.
- I am thankful for my kids, who are growing into young men and women who are taking ownership of their walk with Jesus. They do not grumble about their role in ministry, and I see the Spirit at work in them. Plus, they are just fun to be around. : )
- I am thankful for this new journey of adoption, this test of my trust in His direction and provision. I am thankful that somewhere a little Walser waits for his/her forever family, and we get the privilege of loving that special child.
- I am thankful for an extended family that loves the Lord. Though most live far from here, I have never felt closer to them.
- I am thankful for my church family. LifeBridge is a core group of people who's lives are sold out for the kingdom, and I am excited to see how God will grow and develop our core and mission.
- I am thankful for my friends, who challenge me with their commitment to the Lord and accept me as I am. I feel so blessed to walk this road with them.
- And I am thankful for the health and logistical provision the Lord has granted me, grace poured into my life so I can turn around and pour it out as an offering to Him.
"Return to your rest, my soul,
for the Lord has been good to you."