photo header-with-shadow-and-back.gif
 photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_01.png photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_02.png photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_03.png photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_04.png photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_05.png photo Menu-Bar-thinner-lines_06.png

What I've been up to

It's been a while since I've posted and there's not alot new to report. We are working on our homestudy paperwork and planning our next fundraiser (subject of my next post). I thought for fun, I would tell you what I've been doing to pass the time (like I need time fillers in my life! ha!).

Some things I've been reading and listening to...


On my nightstand...

Forgotten God
by Francis Chan (@ the Holy Spirit--great)

Adopted for Life by Russell Moore (a must read for everyone, adopting or not)

Southern Living
magazine (I figured I should error on the side of full disclosure! : ))


On my computer...


Katie's blog
here
(Seriously...run--don't walk-- to visit this blog. Bring a cup of coffee and a box o
f tissues and see what it looks like when a 19 (now 21) year old girl gives her life away for Jesus.)

Connie's blog
here
(Where I go to be challenged in one way or another by a godly wo
man who teaches and shares from her (huge) heart.)

Suzanne's blog
here
(I can hardly wait each morning to check in on her story as she is in Uganda this week to get her baby girl Josie love and bring her home!)

My buddy Erica's bl
og here
(Beca
use she's posting good stuff every day this month, and sometimes she even puts a picture that happens to have one of my kids in it! : ) Oh, and she loves orphans and is trying to find a home for two sweet girls as I type.)

Facebook (As I said...full disclosure! : ))


And many others...check my blogroll to the right...frankly they're all good...


And I'm listening to...

Best sermons E.V.E.R.
here...this guy can "bring it" (Yea, maybe I'm a little biased, but listen to one from the last few weeks and tell me I'm not right..promise you won't be disappointed and you WILL be convicted.)

Francis Cha
n on itunes....always challenged

Mark Driscoll on itunes...awesome Luke series


new Switchfoot album (actually,... I'm not yet, but it came out toda
y and by the time you read this I bet I will be! : ))


Other than that? Well, in the last few weeks...

We celebrating my baby turning 9 years old...

We applied for our passports...
We served our neighbors chili and smores on Halloween...
We celebrating the marriage of two young Jesus-lovin' friends...
Oh...and my skater boys got a haircut!
(That they requested, no less!) Woohoo!


2 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Rachel...aren't you homeschooling too? We continue to pray for you as you work towards bringing a fatherless one into your family. Oh the sweet rewards! And I give a hearty amen to the Adopted for Life book...I have given out eleven copies so far :-). Nice haircuts on your skater boys, soon to be men!

Erica said...

Ahhh I've been a bad blog checker! Great post. Couldn't agree more. Love those same blogs, Katie gets me every.single. time. Oh and that LifeBridge guy he really can bring it!